How to resolve problem, when you cannot start virtual machine in vApp
From my experience, we had a situation, when happens power outage. As result a lot of vApp got a strange behavior. For example we cannot start virtual machines, or saw status “Running”, but cannot connect to machine via RDP, only using Console from browser.
In our case:
- vCloud, one organization
- One vApp “WindowsServer2012”
- Four virtual machines in vApp: “VM01”, “VM02”, “VM03”, “VM04”
I can connect to VM02-04, but when i tried connect to VM01 i got a network connection for some reason.
This is possible solution how we can resolve this problem:
- First of all you need to try restart hole vApp, not VM (In this case you update some network information, that can fix errors with network)
- If it’s not help, try to add additional NIC to VM: Right click on VM -> Properties -> Hardware -> (Scroll down)
- You will see a NIC that already added to VM, check off a box “Show network adapter”, click “Add” for new NIC and put the same network adapter type. Click Ok
- Wait until vCloud update you VM with new network interfaces
- After that restart hole vApp again, and try to log in via RDP to this VM. This should fix problems
- If you got a successfully result, delete this NIC that you created before. Done